Who should attend this session?
4D developers, developing and maintaining existing desktop application(s), looking at:
- Expanding their application(s) to new usages through web interfaces/webforms.
- Adding web interfaces/apps to existing desktop ones.
- Moving, step-by-step, their application(s) to the web.
All these using Qodly Studio for 4D within the 4D IDE.
What's covered in this session?
- Why the need to add new web application access to an existing desktop one? Analysis of actual needs. What could be the limits?
- Analyzing existing applications and the needs: Determining which interfaces should be selected first to be redesigned with Qodly Studio for 4D and who will use them. Identify the Data that will be accessed from these web interfaces.
- Preparing/checking the application source code: Project mode, use of ORDA, Table and Field names checks, creation or adaptation of classes…
- Moving the processing part/business rules to Qodly Studio for 4D-compatible classes.
First use of Qodly Studio for 4D
- How does it work internally? Under the hood explanations about how Qodly Studio webforms and 4D Server communicate.
- Creating the first webform with Qodly Studio. The simplest way to create a web user interface.
- More information about Qodly Studio components. Finding the best order for adding components.
- Using Sandbox pages for easier access to components.
- Detailed explanations of Datasources. Comparison with Variables. Shared Datasources.
- Calling 4D Functions.
Advanced features of Qodly Studio for 4D
- Forgetting 4D Forms and moving to Web Forms: Possible limitations in your application context, the Interface, and the Rules.
- Using predefined Templates, choosing the best solution for each necessary action.
- Investing for the Future: Making Forms and Processing in a way that will be easily adaptable to the future version of Qodly Studio.
- Making the first complete web application with all CRUD capabilities using a simple example (Movies demo app).
- Step by step, turning a more complex application (Invoices demo app) into a full Qodly Studio for 4D web application.
- Use of 4D and Chrome debuggers to understand what is actually happening.
- User access control: Permissions, Privileges, Roles, etc.
Tools and tips
- Differences and common points between Qodly Studio for 4D and Qodly Studio on the Qodly.com cloud platform.
- Reusing a Qodly.com example/demo app with Qodly Studio for 4D: What to modify and how to easily transcribe Qodly scripts into 4D methods.
What is coming next?
- A glance over the short future and after...
The course of the training
3 sessions of 2 hours over 2 weeks.
Up to 30-minute live Q&A session at the end of each track.
- Example application source codes and training material delivered one day before the course
- Video recording of the three sessions shared after the course
Pricing in local currencies
$399 USD - 399€ - £349 GBP - $585 CAD - 3 390 kr - tax excl.
$720 AUD - ¥70 400 JPY - CHF 445 tax inc.
Invoices will be emailed to you following registration, according to the sales conditions.
Partners get their discount applied to the public prices according to their Partner Contract conditions.
November 28th, 30th and December 5th sessions time
US Pacific Standard Time (GMT-8) • 08:00 am - 10:30 am (San Jose, San Francisco)
US Central Standard Time (GMT-6) • 10:00 am - 12:30 pm (Chicago)
US Eastern Standard Time (GMT-5) • 11:00 am - 01:30 pm (Boston, New York)
In other time zones:
(GMT+1/CEST) • 05:00 pm - 07:30 pm (Munich, Paris, Amsterdam, Brussels, Madrid, Rome)
(GMT) • 04:00 pm - 06:30 pm (London, Lisbon)
Argentina Time (GMT-3) • 01:00 pm - 03:30 pm (Buenos Aires)
December 7th, 12th and 14th sessions time
(GMT+1/CEST) • 09:30 am - 12:00 am (Munich, Paris, Amsterdam, Brussels, Madrid, Rome)
(GMT) • 08:30 am - 11:00 am (London, Lisbon)
AEDT (GMT+11) • 07:30 pm - 10:00 pm (Melbourne, Sydney)
JST (GMT+9) • 05:30 pm - 08:00 pm (Tokyo)
28, 30 Nov. and 5 Dec. at 8:00 am (PST)
26 Spots remaining
7, 12 and 14 December at 9:30 am (GMT+1)
20 Spots remaining